Thursday, July 10, 2008

My Son

Writing after a month....
last week end my son accompanied me to the temple...he does accompany me some times, so what was different last time?
At the entrance of the temple there is a shoe stand having pigeon holes to place shoes prior to entering. Normally I place my shoes on the rack and my son places his pair on top of my pair....This time around it was different, he placed his pair in a different pigeon hole....
One side of my brain told me that this meant nothing, just that he placed it in the pigeon hole closest to him...the other side refused to accept this as an explanation....my heart agreed with the latter...
I am really happy that my son (2 year 9 months old) has started to create his own identity, he has started believing that he is a separate person and needs to have his own...Also very surprisingly it saddens me that this is his first step away from me...As they say the birds grow and fly out of the nest and to my heart this felt as though the first step towards flying away...
Happy Sad combo experience indeed...

1 comment:

autoinvestor said...

Very thoughtful indeed...